Friday, August 24, 2012


Yakubu still harbours Super Eagles ambition

Yakubu Aiyegbeni has said he does not believe his recent move to China will end his international career.

Guangzhou R&F striker Yakubu Aiyegbani has quit the competitive English Premier League for the huge fortune offered by China, but he said his future in international football is still very much intact.
  
Rather, Yakubu said his goals in China should earn him a recall to the Super Eagles.
  
"As a striker I am always looking to score goals for my country. My current task is to do well with my club. I must first try to score as many goals as possible at club level to prove I am still capable of doing a job for my national team," he told FIFA.com
  
The former Blackburn Rovers and Everton striker, who has netted five goals for Guangzhou R&F since his arrival,  said he believes Nigeria have all it takes to reach next FIFA World Cup in Brazil in 2014.
  
"The current squad mainly consists of young players as Nigeria are aiming to rebuild. These are very promising players and I definitely think Nigeria has the talent needed to progress to the next World Cup," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment