Monday, August 27, 2012


Alex Song: I never wanted to leave Arsenal but they fobbed me off

Former Arsenal midfielder Alex Song insists he wanted to be a Gooner for life but when trying to tie down a new deal he was continually 'fobbed off' - prompting him to leave for Barcelona.

The Cameroon midfielder joined the Spanish giants for £15million but the 24-year-old has claimed it was never his intention to walk out on the club.

‘I love Arsenal, I never wanted to leave,’ said Song.

‘I was ready to commit my future to the club all I wanted were talks about a new contract but each time we were due to sit down, the club postponed it - I was fobbed off.

'I wanted a new five-year contract at Arsenal, in the end I got one - at Barcelona.’

Song claims he tried to begin negotiations with Arsenal for eight months prior to leaving - but says the Gunners kept delaying talks as he still had three years left on his existing contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment