Tuesday, August 28, 2012


Moses dreams more silverware for Chelsea

New Chelsea signing Victor Moses says he wants to help bring more silverware to Stamford Bridge.

Moses is in line to make his debut in Friday's night's Super Cup encounter against Europa League winners Atletico Madrid, and the former Crystal Palace youngster cannot wait to get started.

"When I first heard that Chelsea had come in for me I was surprised, but I had a call from my agent saying they were really interested in me and what did I think," Moses told the official Chelsea website.

"I said they are the European champions and anyone would like to play there and now that everything is sorted, I am delighted to be here.

"I am happy to come back to London as I grew up here and it is a great honour to play for the club that won the Champions League."

With the likes of Eden Hazard, Oscar and Juan Mata already giving manager Roberto Di Matteo plenty of creative options going forward, Moses could find first-team opportunities hard to come by, but he insists he is unfazed by the competition.

"There are a lot of world-class players here and I am here to do my best for the team and to help them win more trophies," he said,

"The club has done well for the past few years, they have achieved a lot, and [it is great] for me to be able to play with these world-class players."

No comments:

Post a Comment