Wednesday, August 22, 2012


Anichebe targets injury-free campaign
Victor Anichebe is hoping he can finally show Everton fans what he is capable of this season.

The striker made his debut for the Toffees as a 17-year-old and scored his first Premier League goal in May 2006, but in six further seasons at Goodison Park he has averaged just over 20 games as injuries have taken their toll.

The last three campaigns have been particularly frustrating, Anichebe making only 46 appearances, the majority of them from the bench.

A groin injury was his main problem last season, ruling him out until January, but when he did return he scored five goals in 14 appearances, and he is optimistic he can pick up where he left off.

The 24-year-old told Press Association Sport: "My aim is to stay fit. Last season I came back and I scored five goals in not so many appearances so towards the end of last season I did pretty well.

"Hopefully this year I can stay injury free and I never know where that will take me. I'm sure I've put all that stuff behind me now. I've been unfortunate in the past but that's nothing I can dwell on."

No comments:

Post a Comment