Tuesday, September 25, 2012


Unbelievable but Mikel Obi vows to score

Chelsea star John Mikel Obi has said he believes he will soon score his first goal in the English Premier League after six years.
  
He came close to breaking his duck against Stoke City on Saturday, but his goal-bound effort was blocked, meaning he has now gone 165 EPL games for ‘The Blues’ without a goal.
  
Mikel said he is so optimistic that if given the role he played on Saturday more often, he will score goals this season.
  
“My lack of goals in EPL does not worry me so much, because I have been doing my job well  though I wanted to get goals no matter how few but my positions have denied me that, but my role on Saturday against Stoke City was different as I joined the attack often and almost scored,” he said.
  
“I am sure I will get goals this season if I continue to get such a role. It is a matter of time before I will break the jinx.
  
“I thought the ball had crossed the goal line on Saturday only for the Stoke defender to throw himself at the shot to block it. I will do more to score this season.”
  
On the entire game, Mikel said Stoke had a game plan which almost worked, but he was happy Chelsea have maintained their unbeaten run in EPL this term.
  
He said, “It was a tough game, Stoke came with a plan to frustrate all our attacks and see if they could break on counter, and it almost worked for them, but our determination made us won the game. It is a good result for us at least we remain on top. We will get better game after game,” he assured.

No comments:

Post a Comment