Tuesday, September 11, 2012


Ikpeba backs Keshi on Mikel and Osaze

Victor Nosa Ikpeba has backed Coach Stephen Keshi for his continued snubbing of John Obi Mikel and Osaze Odemwingie, saying if he were in the shows of the Big Boss,both players will never be invited to the national team again.

The former Eagles striker nicknamed Prince of Monaco for his scoring prowess in the colours of AS Monaco of France hails Keshi for the bold decision.

“I give Stephen Keshi credit for standing his ground not to invite the Chelsea and West Brom stars because I wonder why a player should think that he’s bigger than the country, complaining about playing on a bad pitch why the other failed to pick or return a call to the Big Boss.

“So, if I were in Keshi’s shoes, I’ll never invited them to the Super Eagles again.

“I mean when one wears the country’s colours, I expect he should give at least 120% percent of his best, meaning one should be passionate about it and not complain about playing on natural grass or astro turf like Mikel did.”

No comments:

Post a Comment