Wednesday, September 19, 2012


Celtic new boy Ambrose cleared to play in Champions League

Efe Ambrose has urged Celtic manager Neil Lennon to give him a chance in tonight’s Champions League group stage opener.

The 23-year old defender has obtained his work permit to play in the UK and is hoping that he can make his debut in the Parkhead fixture with Portuguese outfit Benfica.

“I have sorted my work permit and now I hope the coach will allow me to play,” he said.

“It is my dream to play in the Champions League.”

Former Ashdod FC centre-back Ambrose has been all over the shop since signing for the Hoops on deadline day, flying from Israel to Liberia for African Cup qualifiers, before heading back to Israel to complete his paperwork for the Celtic move. However, he feels that travel is part and parcel of the modern game and insists he will be ready if given the opportunity.

“I have done a lot of travelling recently but I am a professional footballer,” he added.

“I know what is needed to be a professional. So even though I have not been in Scotland, I have still been training.

“I went back to Israel to finalise my permit and, while I was there, I trained to make sure I would be fit for whenever I’m called upon.

“I did it because when I get my chance to play, I don’t want to complain about not being fit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment