Friday, September 28, 2012


Nsofor dreams Eagles return

Obinna Nsofor has admitted he was disappointed not to be recalled by the Super Eagles but he still believes he has a future with the team.

“I am sad because I want to play for my country every time, but I bear no grudges against anyone.” Nsofor said
 
“I am not the only player who was not called so I am sure there is another time for me to return. I have never seen myself not part of the team even when I am not called, so I am always in touch with the team. I am still a Super Eagles player.”
 
The Lokomotiv Moscow forward last featured for Nigeria in a friendly against Ghana in London in October.

Nsofor will back Nigeria to beat Liberia on October 13 in Calabar to qualify for the 2013 Africa cup of Nations to be staged by South Africa.

“I see us beating Liberia in Calabar. We have all it takes to beat them but the players who are selected for the game should take it with all seriousness because Liberia too will want to win but I don’t see us losing the game.
 
“We want to be at the next Nations Cup after missing out on the last edition. I am wishing the team victory in the game.”

No comments:

Post a Comment