Thursday, September 13, 2012


Chinedu Efugh quits Heartland

Heartland skipper Chinedu Efugh has quit the Owerri-based club to seek a new challenge.

Fondly called ‘Chicago’, Efugh said he played his last game for the ‘Naze Millionaires’ when Heartland hosted Akwa United on the final day of the season a week ago.

"I am done with Heartland. I need a change of environment for another experience. I have done well for the team. I thank everyone who made my stay at Heartland worthwhile,” said the former Enugu Rangers.

“Winning Federation Cup back-to-back for the team was great."

Efugh, who scored the cup winner last year, said he has already received offers from several other clubs.

"I have some clubs who have contacted me, but I don’t wish to reveal the identity of the club I will join now until a deal has been struck.”

“My dream is to win trophies with any club I join as I with Heartland."

Efugh is an experienced and versatile defensive player who usually plays in the heart of the defence but can also play as a defensive midfielder.

No comments:

Post a Comment