Monday, July 30, 2012


Anichebe fighting fit for new campaign

Victor Anichebe is confident of his fitness for the forthcoming season after a career dominated by injury concerns.

The 24 year old having featured heavily in the club's pre-season matches this summer the striker is looking forward to the big kick-off against Manchester United on 18 August.

"Everton have always been good for me," he told the club's official website. "When I have come back from injury, they've brought me in gradually.

"Hopefully this year I can cement a place. I think I need to be starting games now. Maybe if it wasn't for my injuries, I already would be and I'd be fit all the time.

"But that's already happened - I put that into the past. I'm 24 now, so I think it's the time where I'm supposed to mature into whatever position and kind of player I am.

"Hopefully people will see more of that now and I can start starting more games and put all my injuries behind me - I pray to God that I do anyway. Everything from there will be fine, I'm sure."

No comments:

Post a Comment