Friday, August 17, 2012


Roberto Martinez Wants Changes to Transfer Window over Chelsea’s Victor Moses Pursuit

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez says the transfer window should only be open during the off-season, as the Victor Moses transfer saga continues to disrupt his preparations for the new season.

Moses is wanted by Chelsea but the European Champions have so far failed to meet Wigan’s £9m valuation of the 21-year-old.

“I don’t like it, I have expressed many times that I don’t agree with the transfer window going on while there are official games,” the Spaniard is quoted as saying by the Independent.

“I have always said that. I do feel there is a need for a transfer window, it is beneficial, but I don’t think it helps when it is open when you are playing official games. It happens everywhere, it gives you uncertainty and I don’t think that helps the game. The players are footballers but they are human beings.”

Moses is in the squad to face Chelsea and Martinez has insisted he has no qualms about picking the talented forward.

And the former Swansea boss has told his star to be proud of Chelsea’s interest. “For Victor it’s been an exciting summer,” he  continued.

“I spoke with him and told him he should be very proud, as a footballer at 21, to get the interest he has had. It’s something to be happy and extremely proud about and is a football compliment. But, if you don’t meet a valuation, it becomes paper talk and speculation. He is a young man and he knows what he did from December to the end of the season was a great level of performance.

“He can take it on to the next level and I am very excited to have Victor at Wigan, and I hope we can keep him for many years to come. Victor is fit and available for the squad and that’s what matters.”

Wigan have already signed a replacement for Moses, in Arsenal youngster Ryo Miyaichi, who joined on a season-long loan deal last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment