Tuesday, June 26, 2012


New Spartak deal excites Emenike


Emmanuel Emenike is excited with his new four-year contract extension at Spartak Moscow thereby quashing reports that he would return to his former club Fenerbahce.

"I am really happy to have signed a new contract with Spartak and I think this will stop speculations about my future. I always had the intention to stay here. I feel there is a big belief in me from the club, from the boss and from the fans and that is one of the reasons why I stayed."

Emenike joined Spartak in July 2011 from Turkish side Fenerbahce and has plundered 13 goals in 22 league appearances. The forward is looking forward to competing with top strikers when Spartak play in the Champions League next season, he added.

Emenike's first season in Russia was tainted by controversy, as he was fined $17,000 for showing the middle finger to Dynamo Moscow fans who had allegedly directed racist chants at him during Spartak's 3-1 league victory in March.

Against Zenit St. Petersburg in May, Emenike received a straight red card seconds for his goal celebration after making a gesture towards the Zenit bench in which he tapped his outstretched arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment