Thursday, November 15, 2012


Martins Vows To Up His Game, Onazi Vows Afcon Spot

Levante of Spain striker, Obafemi Martins may not have impressed or even scored in the friendly against Venezuela, but he’s thinking of doing that when he returns to the team soonest, even as Head Coach Stephen Keshi assured that he would be given a second chance when camp opens for the Afcon 2013 preparations.

Martins said after the game that he wanted to score on the night but the goals simply did not come.

“But I will be back and better when we return to camp, I know what I can do and I’m sure the coach will give me the opportunity to prove myself.’’

Also speaking, Lazio of Italy midfield sensation Ogenyi Onazi, who scored the team’s third goal, has vowed to grab a shirt ahead of the Nations Cup.

“I’m happy at the manner the coach has been given me opportunity and I can assure Nigerians that I will be part of the team that will bring the Nations Cup to the country next year”, the former My People FC star declared.

No comments:

Post a Comment