Thursday, November 15, 2012


Ideye happy to break goal-duck

One of the two Super Eagles players who scored their first senior goals for Nigeria, Brown Ideye is very excited ending his goal drought as the team hit Venezuela 3-1 in Miami, Florida Wednesday night in an international friendly match.

‘I am so happy to finally score for my country. It’s no doubt a morale booster for me, having waited this long to register myself in the heart of Nigerians. Grateful for the pass from my team mates to.”

The Dinamo Kiev of Ukraine forward opened Nigeria’s floodgate in the 49th minute with a side-footed touch off a low cross from the right by debutant Solomon Kwambe after some good work by Nosa Igiebor.

“I will cherish this moment for a long time because it’s always special scoring your firs. I really waited for this to happen and now that it has, I can only get better with my positioning and accuracy which are most important for goal scoring.” Ideye added.

No comments:

Post a Comment