Tuesday, November 13, 2012


Ameobi dreams Nations Cup

New Eagles invitee, Shola Ameobi could be on the flight to next year’s AFCON on the back of a good outing against Venezuela on Wednesday.

Ameobi will be making his debut for the Eagles, while Martins is set for his 38th appearance.

The 31-year-old Ameobi has opted to feature for his country of birth after he represented England at U21 level.

The Newcastle United striker said it is a great honour to wear the Nigeria green and white shirt.

"This is the first opportunity to do something that I've always wanted to do. It's a great honour and I don't take it lightly,” said the Zaria-born striker.
 
"You'd be a fool if you didn't want to play at the very highest level and certainly I'm no fool. I want to play at the top as every other player does - that's what drives me and that's why I'm still here wanting to play in the Premier League.

"I want to do the best I can, I don't just want to be a local hero, I want to be an international one. That's what has driven the decision."

No comments:

Post a Comment